[lbo-talk] getting back to Brooks...

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 14:39:22 PDT 2010

James Heartfield wrote:

> David Brooks' Bobos In Paradise: The New Upper Class and How They Got There, Simon & Schuster; 2000 was pretty funny, though, wasn't it?

A strange thing about that book: The French translation was apparently so successful that the word "bobo" is now an utterly embedded part of the French language, as universally understood as "yuppie" in US English. That's not the case here, is it? Most Americans wouldn't know what I was talking about if I said "that guy is such a bobo," would they?

SA