[lbo-talk] money and s*x

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 19:51:26 PDT 2010

Dennis Claxton eloquently wrote:

"I think you missed the intro where the guy is described as "a male patron of high-end courtesans." Presumably there's no clock running. "

Me:

Okay - "rent" them, Mr. Claxton? Whatever.

Yeah, I guess I DID miss that!!11!!!

Maybe it's the southern bumpkin in me. I actually have no idea what a "male patron patron of high end courtesans" is, tbh. Sounds like a dude buying a hooker to me, just expressed in the anachronistic of a ... "gentleman." (See the article's ther reference to "courtesans" - hell, why not "ODALISQUES" - let's really get Lawrence Durrell here, why not.). Please elaborate on the nuaced and fine distinctions between the two, kind sir.

In any event I think the gist of my response still holds, semantic quibbling aside.

LET'S FIGHT ABOUT THIS!

-B.