[lbo-talk] money and s*x

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 6 21:26:17 PDT 2010

At 09:07 PM 4/6/2010, B. wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, you're still buying a person - excuse me,
> their "labor time"

Exactly. Which is behind the idea that prostitution, strippnig, phone sex, etc. should all be called sex work.

>But back to the original posts' point: The john/client, knowing he
>has spent X amount of $$$ for X amount of time, is less likely to be
>inhibited and more apt to put his all into it.

I wasn't so much interested in that point as the one we found we agree on.

>it's why celebrities (like, for ex. Charlie Sheen) prefer call
>girls, when in actual fact they could have almost any gal they wanted.

Charlie Sheen is either a misogynist or an asshole, so I'm not sure if he could have any "gal" he wanted.

Unless you mean he could have anyone he wanted because he's got money. In that case the argument gets circular, no?