[lbo-talk] west on obama and boycotts

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Apr 7 04:57:58 PDT 2010

two things:

was told the other day that Cornell West has a great take on Obama which ostensibly shows that Obama is not all that and a bag of chips. Really?

There was a discussion here once on boycotts and, if I'm remembering correctly, how they are effective when they are combined with labor actions. If no labor actions, then boycotts accomplish zippo.

Do I have that right and, if so, where can I read up on this?

If I have it wrong, where can I read up on a more accurate assessment of the effectiveness of boycotts?

shag