[lbo-talk] Demographic composition of the Tea Party

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Wed Apr 7 10:34:21 PDT 2010

I'm with Carrol on this one...

-Chip

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Carrol Cox Sent: Wed 4/7/2010 1:25 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Demographic composition of the Tea Party

brad bauerly wrote:

> I merely think that
> we
> >should take seriously their divergent interests from the Republicans,

Why? Who cares?

But who is this "we" you are talking about? A bunch of scattered individuals do not constitute a "We," and calling for a non-existent "we" to do this or that is childish. Let's move the cardboard cows from the cardboar barn and put them in the cardboard meadow.

It might make sense in a classroom but it makes no sense from a political perspective.

I am getting increasingly impatient with this utter failure on the part of so many who call themselves leftists to recognize that the issue is organizing ourselves. Then we can talk about "reaching out" but not before.