[lbo-talk] Platypus: what we are, what we do, and why

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:12:10 PDT 2010

On 4/6/10, Joanne Landy <joanne.landy at igc.org> wrote:
> I've been told that Platypus people support the U.S. war in Afghanistan. Is
> that true?

I doubt you'll get a direct answer to that question, and though I don't know Platypus's exact position on the war, it wouldn't surprise me. They seem to fit in well with the ultra-real-subsumptionist wing of things, like the anti-Germans and our very own Heartfield, among others: The problem with capitalism is that there's not enough of it, it's not complete yet, and an imperialist war could certainly help bring us closer to its final stage. Cf. Platypus' unquestioning faith in the truth of Hegelian progressivism.