[lbo-talk] Fwd: Afternoon Update: Upheaval in Kyrgyzstan as Leader Flees

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 7 13:58:35 PDT 2010

I'll bet, on little direct evidence, that this is the result of US machinations. The CIA has run out of color revolutions, or this would be the "Puce Putsch," but Bakiyev & co. were being unpleasant about the Manas airbase, which our imperial forces need for the war in/against AfPak. This'll teach them (and others). Stopping terrorism demands the destruction of governments: "We had to destroy..."

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Afternoon Update: Upheaval in Kyrgyzstan as Leader Flees Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:15:06 -0400 From: NYTimes.com <nytdirect at nytimes.com>

* Upheaval in Kyrgyzstan as Leader Flees <http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/08/world/asia/08bishkek.html?8au&emc=au> * By CLIFFORD J. LEVY Protests appear to have overthrown the government of Kyrgyzstan, raising questions about the future of an important U.S. air base that supports the war in Afghanistan...