[lbo-talk] Platypus: what we are, what we do, and why

Joanne Landy joanne.landy at igc.org
Thu Apr 8 13:47:12 PDT 2010

Again, my apologies, the gremlins must have taken Christopher Cutrone's message out of my inbox. I'm glad to hear that the Platypi don't support these horrendous U.S. wars.

But I still am curious about the meaning of this statement of Cutrone's, "...there is no real potential progressive 'anti-imperialist' politics that provides an actual emancipatory alternative to U.S. policy." I'm most troubled by the word "potential." Yes, the left is weak, and sometimes wrongheaded -- but does it really have no *potential* to offer an emancipatory alternative? If that's the case, what't the point of engaging in leftwing politics? --Joanne