[lbo-talk] The Hidden History of the Guardian Newspaper... in its own words

JAMES Heartfield heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 03:32:23 PDT 2010

The Hidden History of the Guardian newspaper, in its own words:

"The simple cause, at the end, is just. An evil regime in Iraq instituted an evil and brutal invasion. Our soldiers and airmen are there to set that evil right. "

"We need an open-ended occupation, a benign colonial regime."

"The government has lied and I am glad"

"What’s so terrible about the nanny state, anyway?"

"We think Tony Blair should be elected as Labour’s new leader"

"On Bloody Sunday demonstrators knew that stone throwing and sniping could not be prevented, and that the IRA might use the crowd as a shield."

"The militant Suffragettes are smashing unoffending people’s windows and breaking up benevolent societies meetings in a desperate effort to prevent Mr Lloyd George enfranchising women"

"Of Abraham Lincoln’s rule we can never speak, except as a series of acts abhorrent to every true notion of constitutional right and human liberty"

Read more here http://forth.ie/index.php/content/essay/the_imperialist_warmongering_andhate_filled_guardian_newspaper/08042010