[lbo-talk] Platypus: what we are, what we do, and why

Christopher Cutrone ccutrone at speedsite.com
Fri Apr 9 11:06:58 PDT 2010

Except there's no smear: Ali said what I said he said. It may be to some, as Henwood says, uncontroversial, but I think what Ali said should be treated as controversial. That's my point, to not accept it as uncontroversial (on the "Left"). Perhaps saying "lie" was too strong, because it implies intentional falsehood, but innuendo doesn't quite capture the problem, either. And it's indicative that now he doesn't remember saying what he said, i.e., it no longer jives with even his notion of the truth. Perhaps not a "lie," just a false innuendo, unintentional, but still.

-- Chris

Richard Seymour leninstombblog at googlemail.com Fri Apr 9 10:41:35 PDT 2010