[lbo-talk] Platypus: what we are, what we do, and why

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:20:54 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

but leaving that aside, what's your take on the post-war occupations of
>> Germany and (especially) Japan? The analyses through which some Marxists
>> frown on them, while cheering on Reconstruction, have always boggled my
>> mind
>> - not that you necessarily adhere to any of them, of course.
>>

> Not sure what I think, really. What did you have in mind?

I find those opposing the occupations (because of all the predictable anti-imperialist boilerplate) while supporting Reconstruction to be rather silly. There may be some intelligent left distinction between the three scenarios, but I have yet to see it and cannot imagine what it might be.