[lbo-talk] Most dangerous man in America...

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 00:04:07 PDT 2010

Myles writes:

"I saw it a few weeks ago. The movie was pretty good. But afterwards I thought that the lesson of the movie seems to be how easily those times have been purged from the memory banks and papered over."

I don't know that they have been that easily purged. The movie has been showing in Berkeley for well over a month, and the weeknight I went, the theater was half full.

I wish the movie had supplied some summary information about the history of the war and I wish they had been more explicit about the parallels between Nam and Iraq. But overall I thought the movie's focus on things like "conscience," "public good," "truth" is the kind of thing that needs to be heard today because they have simply disappeared from public discourse.

I was not sorry to have seen it, and I was glad I took my teen.

Joanna