[lbo-talk] NCLB bites the University?

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 17:46:09 PDT 2010

Jeff writes

"I was in our meeting yesterday about a new gen ed, and we just can't have any "objectives" that are not assessable, so this means they have to be framed in terms that render them "assessable," and this actually alters the content and direction of the goals. I can't see what about it is *not* pernicious."

Not just "assessable" but assessable by a bureaucrat and in terms of what a bureaucrat understands: more, faster, bigger, etc. And because the bureaucrat decides what's assessable, he gets to make three times your salary.

It is not possible to go along with this. It just isn't.

Joanna