[lbo-talk] NCLB bites the University?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 14 05:52:46 PDT 2010

Two things. 1) Measuring learning 2) Measuring the teacher by the results of national tests

Now I think that the first can be, perahps is, pernicious, but that is a complex and separate issue.

The second is pernicious with no redeeming features, as are most measuresd instistuted for thecontrol of the labor force and increasing management flexibility.

Carrol