[lbo-talk] mileage

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Apr 15 10:46:57 PDT 2010

can someone explain to me why, back in the 80s and 90s, i could look at rabbits, horizons, mirages, etc. (cars) and find one that got high 30s to mid 40s on mileage, city and highway.

why is it that, today, you're lucky if you can find a dinky ass car that gets mid-30s highway mileage.

i'm not in the market, but i was walking through the mall noticing the cars, looking at the mileage, confirming what i've observed before. I might as well keep my 92 pathfinder, five on the floor, because I actually get better mileage than the dinky as bmw i saw. i know, i know, some of that's because performance was purchased at the price of improved gas mileage. but the mini cooper model was only getting mid-30s highway miles. WTF?

shag