[lbo-talk] following Gobbles advice

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 16 12:12:09 PDT 2010

This is from a tea party newsletter in Oklahoma. It's written by J.W. Berry, who is definitely a fucking idiot:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_TQvZwccGEcJ:www.okfortea.com/documents/NewsLetterNo4.doc+site:okfortea.com+militia&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

[....]

Those of us who have been paying attention remember in the 1970’s that “scientist” came out and declared that the Earth was going to turn into one giant ice cube. There were articles in the newspapers, magazines and TV. There were plans to put a huge black tarp on the ice in the pole regions to “melt the ice” We were all going to DIE! Of course that was nonsense. And it was easily observed by everyone when in fact, we were not killed by advancing glaciers. So these villains, said, “Foiled again”. But they were not done. No, they came up with even a nuttier plan and following Gobbles advice, (I paraphrase here)“ if you are going to tell a lie, make it the biggest one you can because people are more likely to believe a big lie than a small one.” They came up with this Man Made Global Warming.

Now it does not matter that there is NO EVIDENCE to support this theory. Nor does it matter that a simple examination of available data will show that the earth has gone through hundreds if not thousands of Cooling/Warming cycles since it has been in existence, the majority of these without any of us around! They had found their BIG LIE. They had set the stage perfectly by owning lock stock and barrel all of the so called Main Stream Media and they have succeeded, through government schools, to have an electorate that is probably the stupidest in the history of America. What they did NOT count on was the power of alternative media and you and me.

[...]