[lbo-talk] In the American Grain

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 16:00:01 PDT 2010

http://theactivist.org/blog/in-the-american-grain

*Continuing our exchange on the Tea Party Movement, here is an entry from reader Seth Ackerman.*

Just in-case the mere mention of "Tea Party" isn't stimulating your gag-reflex by now*.... *needless to say I'm in agreement with the author, but I am quite sympathetic to the virtues of, "personal responsibility, hard work, and the ability of the individual to improve his or her own condition through their efforts.” I'd rather try to show why these values are incompatible with capitalism.