[lbo-talk] agricultural productivity (was Thatcherism)

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 18 14:50:11 PDT 2010

Michael Perelman: 'I argued against the Green Revolution back in the 60s'

Really? You argued against increased grain yields? Or against the use of fertilisers?

Considering the millions who owe their lives to increased yields, aren't you glad you lost the argument?

'There are 6.6 billion people on the planet today. With organic farming we could only feed 4 billion of them. Which 2 billion would volunteer to die?' the late Norman Borlaug