[lbo-talk] Rundle has a beer with spiked online

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 05:45:59 PDT 2010

So Australian writer Guy Rundle said this in his Crikey column today:

"I was in the pub with the "spiked" Marxist-libertarian gang when the cloud really hit, and on the giant TV screen square to god the crawl at the bottom of the news said "giant volcanic ash cloud -- authorities say no cause for alarm", and it was clear we were suddenly in a bad sci-fi movie. ("I don't believe in the ash cloud," someone said, which is why it's good to drink with "spiked" on such occasions, it's confidence instilling)."

Don't suppose you were there James?

Mike Beggs