[lbo-talk] good reads?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Apr 22 18:00:09 PDT 2010

clearly, it's time for an attitude adjustment week soon: vacation!

thus, I turn to Lame Brained Onanists to tell me what to read, whether fiction or non. I plan on lolling around a rented house on the Outerbanks reading when I am not biking, kayaking, parasailing, hiking, canoeing, dolphin watching, schooner sailing, and splashing in the OCEAN!

It better be nice weather this time damn it. Last year, my very first vacation ever in my whole life and what happened? A damn nor'easter and allergic reaction to mold in the rental ruined it for both of us.

I'm thinking of reading Hardt and Negri's Commonwealth. And Zizek's Tragedy as Farce. Anyone read these?

Anything else of interest on the non-fiction radar, whether for academic consumption or a more popular audience?

If you are dying for a Shagalicious analysis of a book, now's the time to put them in my hopper.

Also, in the event that we are trapped in the house, I rented one of those places with a massive entertainment complex inside, so movies to bring along are also an option! Suggest off beat stuff to your heart's content!

shag