[lbo-talk] can't afford health care? bring a chicken to the doc's

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 19:50:41 PDT 2010

I'm thinking a lot about this issue these days. I'm thinking about it because my kids did not get an elite education, and will not be able to step into the infinitely entitled classes. So what should they do?

Given where things are going, my feeling is that the best they can do is to develop a few needed skills and try to find themselves a home in the underground economy as much as possible. This will maximize the purchasing power of whatever money they do make and strengthen their social ties/networks.

They have defined the "economy" in such a way that the price of "belonging" is a life-time of indentured servitude. A year at U.C. Anything is about $30K now (including living expenses). So about 150K for a public education. Unfuckingbelievable. All this so you can stand in line for non-existent jobs...or for the kinds of jobs that allow you to serve the people that enslaved you.

Joanna