[lbo-talk] SEIU

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Apr 24 12:33:33 PDT 2010

On Apr 24, 2010, at 3:06 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> What? I just finished listening to a long and detailed interview with
> some labor guy on SEIU, Doug did this morning. It was very informative
> and cleared up a lot for me. It comes on in the second half:
>
> http://kpfa.org/archive/id/60521
>
> at about 33:11/mins in.

That's Steve Early, who added up all the money that Stern spent on his internal and external fights - i.e., within his own union and against other unions (UNITE-HERE and the Puerto Rican teachers) - and it came to $100m. Plus another $100m spent on the 2008 election. Much of that money was borrowed, so he leaves the union $120m in debt.

Doug