[lbo-talk] Quick question on U.S. hate crime stats by state

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Apr 24 17:05:54 PDT 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:53:02 -0700 (PDT) Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is, of course, absolutely impossible that Alabama, inhabited as it
> is by evil Southerners, might actually have a low number of hate
> crimes.

New Jersey is a very hate-filled place, in my experience. Alabama less so. But when it comes to "hate crimes" -- who knows what that term even means?

I think there should be a law against "love crimes", and another -- with terrific penalties -- against "indifference crimes".

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com