[lbo-talk] theory, paralysis of analysis, cpusa

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Apr 25 09:00:05 PDT 2010

is the CPUSA an outfit that tends to denigrate theory and the "paralysis of analysis"?

speaking of, does anyone know more about the history of the phrase "paralysis of analysis"? apparently, Martin Luther King used it, borrowing it from Pious Barbour.

That's about all I could find. I'm curious if anyone's done a history of the way the phrase was/is used, the way feminists have looked at the way the original meaning behind "the personal is political" (which originally meant that seemingly personal problems were really political and, therefore, required collective, political solutions) was taken up to mean that you could change the political through personal behavior.

p.s., I just wrote John Mage and Yoshie about this, but this is pissing me off. Freakin Findarticles.com and Moneywatch are using content from Monthly Review and never linking back to them. Assholes! http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1132/is_n1_v45/ai_13767790/?tag=content;col1

shag