[lbo-talk] Martha Nussbaum on why democracy needs the humanities

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 04:21:21 PDT 2010

Justice has lots of of philosophical and theoretical foundations. You just don't know them, because as far as I can tell you've never read a philosopher who wasn't Feuerbach or Marx.

----- Original Message ---- From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

If  "justice" is important, then it is important to be clear that the concept has no philosophicqal or theoretical foundation. As long as it is assumed that there is something 'objective' or 'real' out there named  Justice, we are caught in an ahistorical world of mere subjectivity, with no actual basis for collectively attempting to change the world.