[lbo-talk] what's left

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 26 11:06:13 PDT 2010

At 10:52 AM 4/26/2010, martin wrote:

>Perhaps, but the slicing and dicing that goes on with definitions
>doesn't seem to serve the interest of building the 'movement', of
>understanding what's going on or what is to be done.

I think it's quite the opposite. The absence of trying to understand and define the system that you are trying to change takes the wind out of movements and leaves them adrift.

>It seems to serve academic interests and academic credential building.

Statements like this never seem to contain any specifics.

>I don't 'get' the defensive posturing.

Oh please. It's neither defensive nor posturing. It's disagreement.