[lbo-talk] forcing 9/11 "balance" at Pacifica

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Apr 27 11:29:16 PDT 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 1:45 PM, martin wrote:
>
>> The iconic status of 9/11 in justifying the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan seem to make it pivotal in undermining public support for those wars. Undermining public support for war is a left issue.
>
> So since we didn't have much success on the merits, let's promote a batty theory that Cheney did it.

Doesn't seem to be any need to promote it. Let it fly.

I'd be curious to know whether it was the resistance to air truther views on WBAI, or the internecine disagreement among staff that resulted in the (assertions by Condon of) large exodus of support for the station.

Why would you rather blame Islamic radicals than Cheney? That seems to justify the wars.

martin