[lbo-talk] forcing 9/11 "balance" at Pacifica

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue Apr 27 15:53:51 PDT 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 3:04 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 2:47 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
>
>> At 11:29 AM 4/27/2010, martin wrote:
>>
>>> Why would you rather blame Islamic radicals than Cheney?
>>

>> Isn't it most important to recognize what happened as a singular
>> crime and treat it accordingly?
>
> That's such a breathtakingly stupid question that I ignored it the
> first time around. Blame Cheney for what Cheney did; blame AQ for
> what AQ did. Is there some pre-cooked balance sheet of blame we're
> supposed to adhere to?

A "singular" crime?--with absolutely no evidence about the anthrax other than that it came from the US government arsenal, that the target was the one Senator in position to make trouble about the 9/11 coverup, and that the public hysteria it created was instrumental in the PATRIOT agenda, why is anybody confident that 9/11 was a "singular" crime? "Blame Cheney for what Cheney did"--if that doesn't mean anthrax, why not? "blame AQ for what AQ did"--where's the evidence of what AQ (US financed and inspired at its origin) actually did or didn't do?

Shane Mage

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)