[lbo-talk] what's left

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Apr 27 18:25:38 PDT 2010

When SA mentioned France, I thought I'd ask a friend of mine to comment. Here's what Sylvestre had to say. I think it's interesting that he thinks that the left in France is a reference to something less radical than it is here in the u.s. Sylvestre is most definitely working from a communist perspective. His web site, tin tin revolution: http://tintinrevolution.free.fr/

Sylvestre wrote:

Sure, you can forward it.

I also understand that "left" in a US context is much more radical than in the French context. In this regard, there is a difference of experiences generally between countries with a tradition of mass reformist working class parties (such as France, Britain, Germany) and those who don't have that tradition - the US, but also Argentina, Japan....

S.