[lbo-talk] M.I.A. on Lady Gaga and more

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Apr 27 20:12:13 PDT 2010

it's an video that asks the viewer to imagine the world if we were to racialize red hair. it's supposed to get the viewer to say, "oh fuckin stupid would that be?" and then use that as a wedge to get them to see how stupid it is to racialize any supposed sign of difference.

i responded earlier without the entire context of joanna comment, so *I* didn't understand her confusion and gave an unhelpful answer. (!!!)