[lbo-talk] what's left

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Apr 28 07:26:57 PDT 2010

> On Apr 28, 2010, at 9:48 AM, brad wrote:
>
>> Take gay marriage. The left supports it because it both thinks it
>> is
>> correct to oppose the oppression of same sex couples, but also as a
>> means to
>> build a movement and chip away at the forces of capital.
>
> How does same-sex marriage undermine capital? I don't see it at all.
>
> Doug

he doesn't either. he sees such struggles as merely useful. you go there, hang out with the queers trying to get married. which is okay dandy and all but the really BIG reason you wanna be there because you can the figure out who can be on our side and raise their consciousness about their *real* struggle.

shag