[lbo-talk] forcing 9/11 "balance" at Pacifica

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Apr 28 08:49:02 PDT 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:59 AM, Max Sawicky wrote:

> Don't Islamic fundamentalist views of the U.S. posture re: Islam start
> with the U.S. involvement with Israel/Palestine/Iraq/Saudi
> Arabia/Egypt?
>
> C'mon, give me a hard one.

Not knowing any more Arabic than you do, I wouldn't presume to pontificate on "Islamic fundamentalist views." Whatever they were, it seems that they didn't let their "fundamentalism" stand in the way of close cooperation with the US military and intelligence services in Afghanistan/Pakistan all through the 70's and 80's, and that the same people (Hekmatyar & co., "moderate" Talibanists) stand in waiting to participate in the coalition government Obama and McChrystal are trying to set up. And binLaden (or whoever goes by that name after its original bearers decease) has always been ready to release an audiotape whenever Bush or Obama and their CIA find it convenient to scare people with the AlQaeda scarecrow.

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 27, 2010, at 3:33 PM, Max Sawicky wrote:
>>>
>>> The narrative of U.S. historic involvement in the ME, the why and
>>> the
>>> how, is too important to be displaced by a bull story.
>>
>> But Afghanistan/Pakistan are not in the ME, that's where US
>> involvement is
>> bloody actual, and that's where US "historic involvement" with
>> "Islamic"
>> terrorism was shaped.

Shane Mage

The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed.

Joe Stack (1956-2010)