[lbo-talk] The $3 Trillion Dollar War -- Stiglitz & Bilmes Were Too Modest

michael perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Apr 28 20:22:06 PDT 2010

One of the greatest uncounted US losses in our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan has been the mental damage to the young people who have been exposed to the violence and brutality of our war. The recent Wikileaks release of the young people killing Iraqis as if they were playing video games is a case in point.

The number of suicides offers additional evidence.

Maze, Rick. 2010. "18 Vets Kill Themselves Every Day." Army Times (23 April). http://www.puppetgov.com/2010/04/23/report-18-vets-kill-themselves-every-day/

more at:

http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com/2010/04/29/the-3-trillion-dollar-war-stiglitz-bilmes-were-too-modest/

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com