[lbo-talk] what's left

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Thu Apr 29 10:55:02 PDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 10:28 AM, c b wrote:

> How do you apply that to AfPak (taliban,karzai,US)?
>
> martin
>
> ^^^^
> CB: I don't quite follow. Karzai's people are fighting the US ? I have
> never heard of a three sided battle field.

Karzai doesn't seem to be siding with the US. Recent events suggest he's making overtures to 'the Taliban'. But he also seems to be enmeshed in opium trade.

Taliban leaders are portrayed as fundamentalists who would substantially reduce if not terminate the opium trade.

US ... well, anybody's guess

martin