[lbo-talk] please select a gender

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Apr 30 18:56:28 PDT 2010

> why do they care about your gender anyway? i've heard transgendered
> activists talk about the issue before but never asked at the time.
>

> shag

My guess `security'. Think about all the ambiguous names, like mine for example, Charlie, or Carrol or Kelley or Stevie or a zillion others. Even Jordan isn't all that secure. It was fun thinking up great girl names back in the day before you could tell, and Jordan was one I thought about. Ralph was out, but Jessie wasn't.

I had a girlfriend once, named Stevie. She was short and had a husky voice, a little like Joddie Foster as a kid actress. Her father nicknamed her over Stephanie. He was a gruff, heavy NYC Jewish accented guy who worked camera for the studios in LA---out right commie. He was in the true grit school of black and white.

CG