[lbo-talk] Michael Lind

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 17:42:04 PDT 2010

I listened to Doug's interview from last week with Michael Lind. He's never interested me--he peddles the tired "progressive" TR notion of a "new nationalism," devoid of class struggle, which he can never mention--not even class alone, not even when he's defining the Democratic Party base, which consists of black and Hispanic ethnics, not poor people. I don't think we need people like Lind to come up with the idea of investment in infrastructure. I think you need a five-year-old of average intelligence. Certainly, Lind's concerned about the rise in financial interests, but I don't think he has a clue as to why this is. So he gave up being a neocon when the Cold War ended--now he doesn't mention foreign policy--too divisive, I guess. And always the assumption that somehow Obama just isn't playing his cards right in dealing with the Republicans. I don't get what makes this guy the least bit interesting, insightful, or helpful.

DG