[lbo-talk] Michael Hudson - 'From Marx to Goldman Sachs: The Fictions of Fictitious Capital'

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Aug 3 08:21:49 PDT 2010

I would have thought that from the standpoint of individuals, productive capital IS money. There is no uber-capitalist looking to the maximization of output of productive capital, though there is a collective animus against excessive inflation. Seems to me the lack of coordination is intrinsic (not the only thing intrinsic) to the inadequacies of the system. Moreover, if the financialization is "basic," it seems a little off to describe it as parasitic. There is no 'it' separate from the whole, right?