[lbo-talk] ACTA and Climate Change [was: More on ACTA]

Homo indy homoindetermin at aim.com
Tue Aug 3 15:23:40 PDT 2010

Very helpful; thanks. The links also led to a good overview analysis at FFII, from which this in particular jumped out:

"The fight against climate change will inherit the patent thicket in the software sector. To win the fight against climate change, fast diffusion of green technology is needed. Policy makers know that, patent trolls know that. We will see the same problems that plague the software field, like trivial patents, amassing of patents, frivolous lawsuits, hampering of follow up innovation and high transaction costs. Especially since many modern products, like hybrid cars, contain software."

Full: <http://action.ffii.org/acta/Analysis>