[lbo-talk] Flying Wind Turbine - surveying a possible new industry

Mark Wain wtkh at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 15:29:19 PDT 2010

Fine ideas but the transmission means could be made wireless by using microwave which would beam down along a straight line. The catch is that the receiver end on earth has to be safely aligned with the sending source.

I proposed some 15 years or so ago the microwave idea to a professional journal and was rejected then. Now the shrinking oil resource and fossil fuel pollution hazards made that proposal closer to an acceptability level than before.

----- ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gar Lipow" <the.typo.boy at gmail.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:40 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Flying Wind Turbine - surveying a possible new industry