[lbo-talk] Michael Hudson - 'From Marx to Goldman Sachs: TheFictions of Fictitious Capital'

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:18:47 PDT 2010

I like your critique of Hudson, by the way. He was in Sydney a few months ago and had a public meeting with hundreds of people, which I was surprised by. Also he spent a day at the central bank. Where is this guy coming from?

Mike Beggs

^^^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hudson_(economist)

Super Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire,[2] was the first book to describe the global free ride for America after it went off the gold standard in 1971, putting the world onto a paper U.S. Treasury-bill standard. Obliging foreign central banks to keep their monetary reserves in Treasury bonds forced them to finance U.S. military spending abroad, which was responsible for the U.S. balance-of-payments deficit at that time.

CB: Michael Hudson has been a member of the A-list ( which was started by the late Mark Jones) along with Henry Liu.