[lbo-talk] Note on the comment on no hair shirt solutions in LBO 128

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:06:49 PDT 2010

I wanted to thank Doug for the very complimentary things he said about my on-line reference No Hair Shirt Solutions to Global warming on the web LBO 128 in his piece on oil. (Like all LBOs , the whole issue is well worth reading.)

I also wanted to note that the copyright on this is 2004, although there have been updates. So a lot of the technology has advanced since then. I would say today that electric cars are somewhat less promising than I thought, though not worthless, and that available wind energy (just with current technology not counting possible breakthroughs like flying energy generators) are much greater than we knew even as late as 2008. So more bikes, walking, electric trains, electric buses, electric trolley buses. Electric cars that amount to glorified golf carts for certain purposes. Over all I think it stands up very well, In a way kind of sad that nothing has come along that makes it obsolete.

-- Facebook: Gar Lipow Twitter: GarLipow Grist Blog: http://www.grist.org/member/1598 Static Web Page: http://www.nohairshirts.com