[lbo-talk] Astronomy

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 10:43:15 PDT 2010

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I don't know how many responses there have een already to the initial posts from Chuck and Shane. I think it worth noting that the various eccursions of this list over the last 10 years into realms of technical science have not been happy ones. A critic some years ago, speaking of a very bad poem by a verey good poet, recalled that in his yuouth, when he and his sister went to the movies every Saturday, if a movie was so bad that one was embarassed for the actors, his sister would begin to chew the fingers of her gloves. They came to refer to really serious badness as "glove-sucky."

The excursions of this list into biology and linguistics have been glove-sucky. I suspect any debate over Chuck's post (or rather over the lecture content) would be glove-sucky.

Carrol

^^^^^^^ CB; Having a bad hair day, are we ?