[lbo-talk] The Banality of anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 6 18:44:31 PDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 9:35 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:02:49 -0400
> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> it
>> strangely implies or assumes that the rest of U.S. foreign policy is
>> benign, and support of Israel an exception to the rule.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what, in concrete terms, the antecedent of
> 'it' is here.

Eric's reference to "the anti-Lobby focus," which I quoted, but you didn't.

> It's hardly controversial to observe that the imperial elites aren't
> a monolith.

But on Israel, at least until recently, they pretty much have been. That consensus is obviously cracking, but it's only been in the last few years.

> As for the "anti-Semitism" canard -- it's long past time that
> anybody who brings that one up was laughed out of the room.
> That dog just won't hunt anymore.

Secret monied cabal manipulating policy? It's straight out of the Protocols, man.

Doug