[lbo-talk] The Banality of anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 06:48:24 PDT 2010

Michael Smith asked:

Could we maybe have a few examples of this? (referring to anti-Semitism).

You can find plenty in the comments sections of these discussions, including Mondoweiss, some of which may have been eliminated. And I'm not sure what you call it when Blankfort's mode of argument is to accuse his opponents of growing up in Zionist households.

But like Carl Estabrook has said on this list, there is a "higher anti-Semitism" involved here when people like Mearsheimer and Walt attribute U.S. foreign policy failures to the Israel Lobby. I'd actually be more comfortable with an overt anti-Semite than someone who "blames the Jews" with an academic cover. But I'm not saying that this sort of thing should be taken seriously as a threat to Jews. It should be taken seriously as a threat to the pro-Palestinian movement, especially among Jews.