[lbo-talk] The Banality of anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:12:27 PDT 2010

And remember, if the Paper prints _your_ letter at all, you will have 200 words or less to explain the complexities. Your detractors will be able to explain their position in a sentence fragment. And the paper if the Zionists are powerful at all in your community will probably print an editorial or op-ed calling you Anti-Semite. You will not have any chance at all of even mentioning the word Palestine. Carrol

^^^^^^^ CB: Of course, if you do mention the word "Palestine", the Zionists will, in a similarly demogogic vein, call you an anti-Semite _anyway_, and a supporter of terrorism to boot. It's not like sticking to only talking about Palestinians and their plight or avoiding the word "Israel" will avoid the whole nine yards of Zionist attacks.

Anyway, hard to see how you would talk about the oppression of Palestinians without using the word "Israel". Maybe you could say "Yahweh" or "That with no name" , "the unmentionable".

Furthermore, analytic discussions on this list may use words and concepts that would not be good for use in practical-critical activity outside this list.

The substantially comradely debate on this thread has been edifying and worthwhile (as was the thread on Astronomy)

^^^^^