[lbo-talk] The Banality of anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 10 14:40:40 PDT 2010

Joseph Catron wrote:

> Carrol, that's silly. There is no possible way to effectively oppose Zionism
> without being accused of anti-Semitism.

I know that. I'm quite proud of my role in the early '80s in getting Normal Illinois labelled one of the most serious anti-semitic commnities by some Zionist outfit.

But this changesd _nothing_ in what I said. The weapon is going to be used against you, but you don't have to create the context in which it becomes both easy and effective to use that weapon. And that's what you are doing. And you are not giving one fucking bit of aid to the Palestinians. At best you are merely neutralizing yourselfd. At worst you are helping the Zionists.

Carrol