[lbo-talk] The Banality of anti-Israel Lobby Doctrine

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 10 18:14:53 PDT 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 9:05 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> I'm with Michael here. Wouldn't Doug's formulation also make the
> agricultural, defense, pharmaecutical etc. industry lobbies something other
> than lobbies?

Not really, since they'd be "special interests" in the classic sense. They're not "constitutive" of the U.S. except insofar as the U.S. is constituted of a series of interests. But if the "Israel lobby" is at the heart of things in some constitutive sense than it's not a special interest but a core concern of the U.S. foreign policy elite.

Doug