[lbo-talk] the state of WBAI

Chuck Munson chuck0munson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 11:03:20 PDT 2010

So the crackpots are running the show at WBAI? If this was any other organization, I'd suggest kicking the crackpots out, or at least explaining to them that they have to put their interests on hold for the greater good of the organization.

Somebody has to be very removed from reality to think that giving on "Chemtrails" videos is going to win over support for the station.

If other liberal, progressive and anarchist radio listeners are anything like me, they find something better to do with their listening time than listen to crackpot garbage on independent radio stations. Hell, NPR is better than much of the crap on indie radio stations. I listen to lots of sports talk radio, but I've reached the end of my rope with that crap and am now listening to Pandora.

Democracy Now is one beacon of hope, but Goodman turns me off with her inability to ask questions properly.

I explained your email about WBAI to a friend last night who is not a leftist and isn't a big radio listener. They said that if the crackpots are running the show, then perhaps the best solution is for the sane people to leave, start a new station, and let the old one die.

Of course, radio station licensing complicates things, which is why people stay and fight.

Good luck! I have a zero tolerance policy for crackpots and it works well for me. ;-)

Chuck