[lbo-talk] the state of WBAI

Chuck Munson chuck0munson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:21:10 PDT 2010

> I mostly keep my distance from them. But now they're threatening the station's existence with this garbage.
>
> During a recent pitching session, one of the hosts said (according to a highly reliable friend): "Facts don't count. Facts are opinions. It's attitude that matters."

Sounds like WBAI's days are numbered. In tough times like these, a marginal independent media outlet can't afford to piss off and alienate its core supporters.

Facts don't count? Does somebody want to emulate Fox News? OK, so maybe the Fox News demographic includes many nursing home residents with accumulated wealth, but they are more interested in hating that uppity black president than they are in "chemtrails."

These clueless WBAI volunteers must have friends and family who can reason with them.

Chuck