[lbo-talk] Could the Professional Left on this list please stand up? ; -)

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:44:36 PDT 2010

John Gulick

CB:

"I haven't given up on y'all, 'cause you are really smart..."

JG:

Ha ha, surely you jest if you think you are going to be move anyone here on the Obama Admin, not in the least because your tendency is to cheerlead rather than marshal arguments based on strategic calculation.

^^^^^ CB: Naww. You're in denial. I marshall battalions of arguments: facts and logic supporting my position. Argument is my forte. Wanna have an archive contest ?

^^^^^^^

My guess is that the moderator(s) put up with the constant cheerleading only b/c they figure it's easier for listmembers to ignore your posts than to ignite a "controversy" (sic) by issuing warnings or threatening expulsion.

^^^^^ CB: No the moderators know I have a long history on these lists of making cogent arguments.

^^^^^

Charles, no offense, but if you had any sense of decorum, you would cease and desist and not put people in the uncomfortable position of pondering whether it is impolite to bluntly call you out.

^^^^ CB: No offense, but putting people in an uncomfortable position is what struggle often amounts to. Without struggle there's not progress. Without _agitation_ ....etc. See Frederick Douglass.

^^^^^^^

This is my first and will be my last post on this thread.

^^^^^ CB: Hit and run. Sling slander and mud and run. Running away from an argument. Scared you will lose the argument ?